On behalf of Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, sisters, daughters, friends and Constitutionally minded women across our nation, we, at Moms for America express our deep concerns about the passed ratification of H.R. 5, “Equality Act.” Below are ten reasons we do not support the Equality Act or “Women Eraser Act.” Heritage Foundation has some excellent information on the dangers of the Equality Act. VIEW HERE
Provisions of the Equality Act:
- Equality Act would force schools (both public and private), churches, hospitals, businesses, and other institutions to recognize an individual’s “chosen gender” instead of their “biological sex.” Real science is misconstrued or deleted to fit a narrative and agenda. It is anti-science that there are no biological, molecular differences between a men and females. From the moment of conception every organ of the body is dedicated to either being a male or female, from the brain, to the muscle and bones. Academia leaders in Medicine, in Physical and Mental Health have gradually become Progressive, Elitist, and supporting the Marxist agenda of conforming “Government knows best.” They have discounted alternate studies and evidences, that have been replicated, of brain studies showing the differences in chemical imbalances with Mental illness.
- Doctors could be forced, by federal law to prescribe hormone treatments or conduct gender reassignment surgeries. This violates the “Do no harm” Hippocratic oath that a doctor takes upon becoming a doctor. The Act says that a health professional cannot deny treatment to a person based on their gender identity. Doctors would be subject of violating federal discrimination laws. It would also be a violation of Freedom of Religion, putting all religious hospitals, and faith believing doctors out of business. There would be a health crisis of care. https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/05/10/a-pediatrician-explains-how-dangerous-equality-act-would-force-doctors-to-do-harm/
- Sexual identity and sexuality (along with sexual fluidity) is already being taught in schools creating gender confusion among children. The Equality Act would make it required by law. Public Schools, receiving public federal dollars will be required to teach the transgender ideology from Pre-K through College and University. Re: Section 401(b) of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000c(b)), Section 407 of Civil Actions by the Attorney General (42 U.S.C. 2000c–6), and Section 410 of Classification and assignment (42 U.S.C. 2000c–9)
- The Equality Act would open the door for pedophilia to be normalized, through teaching consent to children. The discussions in State School Board meetings are centering around lowering the age of teaching consent, instead of Sexual Risk Avoidance (SRR). Lowering the age of consent opens the door for abuse of children who are emotionally, mentally, physiology, and psychologically immature. Long term consequences are not understood by most children. Preying upon children who are taught consent opens the door for Pedophilia to be added to the LGTBQ+ movement. Passing H.R. 5 would protect the adults instead of the children from everlasting effects of abuse. https://weascend.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Sexual-Risk-Avoidance-Education-What-You-Need-to-Know.pdf
- Equality Act endangers women and girls and disregards any natural female rights. Female sports will be gone. The new norm will be men vs coed. There will not be an exclusive women restroom, locker rooms, women shelters, or dorms. Coed will be the way of life. This will also endanger women and children of domestic violence. Girls sports will disintegrate. We already see this as girls are forced to compete in sports with boys who identify as girls and have an unfair advantage. Girls opportunities as athletic recruits is diminishing for positions on college sports teams and for the corresponding sports scholarships. Privacy of locker rooms has now become shared space with boys identifying as girls.
- Parental rights would be ignored. The Equality Act proposes that anyone “interfering with access to “transgender procedures or reproductive health,” will be charged with discrimination. This violates parents inalienable Constitutional rights to be the overall care takers of their children’s wellbeing. The children will literally become the Government’s children.
- Equality Act has no safeguards for religious freedom and actually limits the free exercise of religion. All private schools, homeschool resources, hospitals, churches, any private institution or resource, including adoption agencies will have to submit to transgender ideology.We are already seeing this play out. Communist Elitists are targeting faith-based adoption agencies for their refusal to place children in homes without both a mother and a father. In New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and elsewhere, faith-based adoption agencies have been forced to close rather than violate their sincerely held religious beliefs. In this instance, radical-liberal ideology is not only harming individuals of faith, but the 100,000+ American children desperately in need of a loving home.
- H.R. 5 would further hurt children and minors, particularly those suffering from gender dysphoria. Medical professionals would be pressured to provide gender-affirming treatments like puberty blockers and hormones—these are irreversible decisions. Parents not in agreement could get stripped of custody of their children.
- Employers and businesses would face more regulation and lawsuits. Businesses with 15 or more employees would be forced to provide medical insurance for “gender transitions”, use preferred pronouns or face litigation, and open any single-sex space to both sexes including bathrooms and locker rooms.
- Free speech must be protected and preserved. The Equality Act would silence thought and debate on important issues facing our nation, such as gender, marriage, and faith. It would silence not only the idea of free speech, but citizens would further lose their interpersonal relationships with each other. That basic kindness and courtesy is foundational in the general society. Citizens would not speak to each other for fear of being fined, losing a job, losing a business, or countless unintended consequences. See the example of a Denver Post columnist being fired for saying there are two genders: https://news.iheart.com/featured/rush-limbaugh/content/2020-01-21-pn-rush-limbaugh-denver-post-columnist-fired-for-saying-there-are-only-two-sexes/
This is not about equality. It’s really about overhauling our entire culture, laws, and systems with special privileges focusing on sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI). This, if it becomes law, would grant civil rights status to people who are affected by gender dysphoria. The fallout of this bill is massive. It would not only threaten public safety by allowing men who identify as women to share bathrooms and locker rooms, but also squelch religious freedom, restrict parental rights, and impact businesses across the nation.
The Equality Act mandates an anti-life, anti-family, and anti-faith agenda upon all Americans.
Please contact your U.S. Senators and Congressman/woman to tell them NOT to co-sponsor and NOT to support the Equality Act.